TOBAY JUNIOR TRIATHLON
DATE: August 27, 2022
PLACE: Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Park, Oyster Bay, NY
Youth Triathlon (Ages 7-14)
SWIM: 200 Yards
Young athletes will enjoy a fun-filled morning, doing what kids love to do in the summer – swimming, biking and running! Kids love to tri and whether it’s their first or third triathlon, the fun of racing is thrilling! The history of this race and the beauty of the location make this a family favorite for everyone!
All participants receive a t-shirt and finisher medal!
Fees are all-inclusive so no fees will be tacked on upon registration.
Online registration closes Thursday, August 25 at 5PM.
The prices shown above are for USAT Members.
Each participant MUST have a valid USAT license.
A one-day license fee will be required for non-USAT Members ($10 – cash or check only)
Visit the USAT tab below for additional details.
If registration is available at packet pick-up:
1) A $10 surcharge will be added to the registration fee.
2) We will only be able to accept cash for payment.
3) You will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
Race results will be posted here.
Please do NOT call Packet Pick-Up location as they do NOT have information on the event.
A parent/guardian must have a Photo ID. This event is sanctioned by USATriathlon.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 25th
4:00pm – 7:00pm: Packet Pick-Up, Runner’s Edge, TBD Huntington or Farmingdale.
RACE DAY – SATURDAY, AUGUST 27th
Race Number Placement
Keep Your Race Number Clearly Visible!
For the best results with photo tagging and searching, the photographers need to clearly see your bib# when taking photos. This will greatly improve your name & race number photo search results.
Extra body marking will take place right before the race, at the body marking flag!
Please have your race number placed on:
1-both shoulders, & both leg side calves (both left and right sides)
2-on the front of your bike helmet
3-on your bike front tube closest to the handle bars, for easy side viewing
4-and on the front of your chest or abdomen, not on your back!
Again, make sure your Race Number is clearly visible for the camera!
Your matching name and photos will be identified by your bib#!
7 Locations for Bib# Placement
Please arrive no later than 7:30AM.
Mandatory Safety Meeting: 8:15AM
First Wave Swim: 8:30AM SHARP.
What if I did not receive confirmation or misplaced my confirmation email?
Click on the registration button and it will bring you to the runsignup page. Click on find a participant on the left side column. You can search by your name and DOB. If you still have trouble, send an email to: email@example.com.
What if I cannot make it to Packet Pick Up?
All athletes must pick up their own packet. You must bring a photo ID with you. If you are a USAT member you must bring your USAT card, if you are not a member or do not have a card you must purchase a one day membership card for $15 or an annual card for $50. If you cannot pick up your own packet, you will not be allowed to race. Participants can pick up their packets on race morning for an extra charge of $10, which is an option you can select during race sign up.
USA Triathlon Sanctioning
This event is sanctioned by USAT (USA Triathlon). If you are new to the sport or looking for official USAT rules, click HERE to go directly to the USAT website. All participants must have an annual USAT card or purchase a one day membership for this event, since this is a USAT Sanctioned event. You can purchase a one day membership for $15 at packet pick up or an annual membership for $50. You must bring a photo ID with you. One day memberships can only be paid by cash or credit card.
How are USAT age groups formatted?
USAT age is the age that you are on 12/31 of the race year, it does not go by your actual Date of Birth, but rather your year of birth.
What are the key race day Rules?
Bike storage will NOT be provided the night before the event.
Glass containers are NOT allowed in the transition area.
Only triathletes and transition workers are allowed in the transition area. Please advise your family and friends that they will need to remain outside of the transition area.
You MUST rack your bike on race morning on the rack that corresponds to your assigned bib number.
Participants will NOT be allowed to mount their bikes in the transition area and will be required to dismount at the designated spot outside the transition area.
All participants must wear a helmet during the bike portion of the event, you will not be allowed to leave transition area until your helmet is buckled.
Triathletes must show their race number to remove their bicycle and gear from the transition area after the race.
How many people can be on a relay team?
Relay teams can be made up of two or three people. You can have an all male team, all female or mixed relay team.
How are participants timed?
We will be using ChampionChip Electronic Timing System for this event. Please be aware of the following procedures to ensure successful timing of your event: All participants will receive their timing chip on race morning at the Chip Pick-Up Area. You are REQUIRED to show your paper Bib number in order to receive your timing chip which you must wear on your ankle for the duration of the event. It is REQUIRED that all participants wear the timing chip on their ankle.
How to wear the timing chip with the provided disposable strap:
Place the strap around your ankle.
Insert TWO (2) fingers between the medical strap and your ankle (to prevent the strap from being too tight).
Fasten the medical strap SECURELY.
Relay teams must return the timing chip at the finish line in order to receive your results. If you are not able to finish any leg of the race, you must turn in your timing chip as soon as possible at the finish line. If we do not receive your timing chip you will be charged to replace it(this only applies to relay teams). All individual triathlete timing chips are disposable and may be thrown out at the end of the race.
The race number you receive at packet pickup will be what you must wear during the race. The smallest number is the helmet number, the middle sized number is you run number, and the piece with your number on it twice is your number for your bike. While you have this number in print form you will also be receiving body marking on your calf, arm and hand.
You will need to peel the sticker off of its protective paper and place it on the front of your helmet. Placing the number on the side of the helmet will make it harder for the USAT Officials, photographers, volunteers and race staff to identify you quickly so please be sure that you place the sticker on the front.
The bike number is the largest piece of paper. You will notice the the number is upside down at one end and right side up at the other. The reason for this print orientation is so that when the number is folded over the top tube of your bike your race number can be read easily from either side. There are two adhesive strips on the backside of the bike number. You will peel the protective paper off of the adhesive strips and then place the number on the top tube of your bike.
The run number is the middle sized paper in you race number grouping. You will need to wear this number on the run course. This number MUST be on the front of you as you cross the finish line. You may use safety pins (provided at packet pick-up or chip pick-up) or a race belt to display the number on your front.
On race morning after you have affixed your assigned race number to your helmet, bike, and shirt/race belt you will then need to get your body marking done. The body marking station is located near the entrance to the Transition Area at the race site. Plan to bring your run number with you as you will need it to insure that the person body marking you is writing the correct number. The body marking will have your assigned race number on your upper left arm as well as on your right calf. You will also be marked on the back of you right calf with your age if you are racing in the Age Group division or with your race division if you are racing as a Relay. You will also be marked on your hand.
Triathletes may enter the transition area at 5:15am. Bike racks are numbered and triathletes must put their bicycles and gear in their designated bicycle location. All athletes must be out of transition area by 6:35am and ready for the pre- race briefing. You will not be allowed back into transition area after you complete the race until 8:30am when all of the runners are out on the run course.
Swim – When triathletes finish the swim portion of the race, they will enter the transition area and proceed to their designated bicycle rack (relay teams make their exchange at their designated rack number).
Bike – Bikes may NOT be ridden in the transition area. It is important to use extreme caution when departing the transition area, as it may be congested! All athletes must put on their helmet and snap the strap before mounting their bike. The helmet must stay on and buckled until they dismount and rack their bike. Not following the helmet rules may result in a disqualification (DQ). Bike times will start when triathletes depart the transition area through the ‘Bike Out’ chute and end when they re-enter the transition area through the ‘Bike In’ chute in the transition area. Once the bike portion is completed, triathletes will return their bike to their designated spot in the transition area.
Run – Triathletes depart the transition area by exiting through the ‘Run Out’ chute. Triathletes run time will begin when they depart the transition area at ‘Run Out’ and end when they cross the finish line.
Wetsuits are not allowed for the pool triathlon.
USATriathlon is the national governing body of triathlons. All EventPower races are sanctioned by USATriathlon. All participants must have a USATriathlon license in order to participate in this event.
A current annual membership card and photo ID are required at packet pick-up. If you do not have a current membership card you must purchase a one-day membership card at packet pick up for $15 (cash or check only) or you can purchase an annual card at USATriathlon.org or at packet pick up for $50 (cash, check or credit card).
1. The ﬁrst wave of the Runner’s Edge-TOBAY Junior Triathlon will start in the beach area promptly at 8:30 AM. Packet pickup will end at 7:45 AM.
2. Every child must wear the brightly colored swim cap that we provide, and must wear the bib number that we provide on the front of his or her shirt. Each youngster will be timed using timing chip provided.
3. Every child must wear an approved hard or soft shell helmet at all times while on the bike, and it must be strapped before mounting and until after dismounting.
4. Water shoes or swim socks strongly encouraged for the swim.
5. Every child who ﬁnishes will receive a medal when he or she crosses the ﬁnish line.
6. Finally, and most important of all, keep in mind that this event is intended to be FUN for the children rather than a cutthroat competitive event.
Please refrain from doing anything that would be inconsistent with the spirit of the event, or that would potentially jeopardize any child’s safety or potentially interfere with any child’s enjoyment of the event.
Courtesy and sportsmanship should be practiced by both parents and children at all times.
Due to COVID-19 we have altered our no refund/no transfer policy to now allow transfers between races. Please read the below information for details.
1. If a race is cancelled due to COVID-19 your entry will automatically be deferred to the same race of the following year.
2. If you would like to transfer your entry to a different race, there is a $20 transfer fee and you must transfer your entry at least 30 days prior to the race date.
– If you are transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, you will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
– Transfers must take place no later than 30 days prior to the race date.
– You may transfer into eligible races (races that are not yet sold out) until 30 days prior to the race date. This may be done through your profile on RunSignUp.com.
– If a One-Day USA Triathlon Membership was purchased during your registration, you will need to email EventPower at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your One-Day USA Triathlon Membership License moved from one event to the next. Once moved, then you can continue with the transfer.
3. No refunds will be given.
4. Our pre-COVID-19 policy still stands: The Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
Eventpower maintains a no refund policy. As we face restrictions and limitations of COVID-19 safety requirements, adjustments will potentially be made such as offering race entry deferral or virtual event participation, but no refunds can be offered.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Top three overall Male & Female in each age group 7-10 and 11-14
- Individual Age Groups, top three in each category:
7 – 10 and 11-14
- Individual Age Groups, top three in each category:
Awards Ceremony will commence shortly after the final finisher crosses the finish line. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Awards will only be shipped post-event if a pre-paid postage envelope for 2 pounds is sent to the race organization within one week of the event. Please submit your request for award via email to email@example.com.
Raffle will take place at the end of the awards ceremony, raffle tickets will be handed out to each athlete. You must be present at the raffle to win.