MIGHTYMAN MONTAUK (SPRINT)
TRIATHLON FESTIVAL RACE DETAILS
DATE: October 1, 2023
PLACE: Fort Pond, Montauk, NY
View Course Maps
Swim | Bike | Run | Transition | Back-up Plan
Half Iron Distance – Click Here
A BIG event! Our annual festival of races! One of the few metro area races that offers three triathlon distances to accommodate all race levels and interests.
SWIM: The swim is an out-and-back in Fort Pond. This is a fresh water pond and water temperature is typically in the mid-to-upper 60’s. Wetsuits are recommended but not mandatory.
BIKE: Bike is one loop through Montauk!
RUN: A mix of rolling and flat, making everybody happy!
AQUABIKE: Racers complete the swimming and cycling portions of the race. After finishing the the bike course, just rack the bike and trot across the finish line for your finish time.
Bikes allowed: Road bike, time trial, mountain bike or hybrid. Sorry, no tandem or recumbent bikes.
Fort Pond, a freshwater pond has the potential to spawn blue algae. If our water testing indicates there is blue algae in Fort Pond, we have a back up plan in place with the swim at Navy Beach.
Fees are all-inclusive so no additional fees will be tacked on upon registration.
The prices shown above are for USAT Members (current through 10/1/2023).
Each participant MUST have a valid USAT license.
A one-day license fee will be required for non-USAT Members ($15 – cash or check only)
Visit the USAT tab below for additional details.
If registration is available at packet pick-up:
1) A $10 surcharge will be added to the registration fee.
2) We will only be able to accept cash for payment.
3) You will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
Packet Pick-up Schedule
Please do NOT call Packet Pick-Up locations as they do NOT have information on the event.
You must have a Photo ID with you. This event is sanctioned by USATriathlon. You must have a USAT card or plan to purchase a 1 day ($15) or annual membership ($50) at check in.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2023
3:00 – 6:00p.m.: Packet Pick-Up @ Runner’s Edge, 242 Main Street, Farmingdale, NY 11735
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2023
12:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Packet Pick-Up (At Race Site)
Pick up your packet on race morning for an additional $10. This option is available when you register for the event.*
Everyone must pick up their own packet. Relay teams: the last member on your team to check in will receive the team packet.
Correct Bib# Body Placement for Photos: See next section
Correct Bib# Placement on Body & Bike
Keep Your Bib# Clearly Visible!
For the best results with photo tagging and searching, the photographers need to clearly see your bib# when taking photos. This will greatly improve your name & bib# photo search results.
At packet pickup you will receive a large bib for your body, a decal for your helmet, and a decal for your bike, and 2 tattoos for your arm & leg calf.
So please take your time to have your Bib# clearly exposed and placed as follows.
1-one right side upper arm, & one opposite left leg calf (side of calf)
2-on the front of your bike helmet, not the side
3-on your bike horizontal front tube closest to the handlebars, or high up on the vertical seat tube, for easy side viewing
4-and on the front of your chest or abdomen, not on your back!
(5 locations total)
You can optionally add both arms and legs with a thick marker if you want extra coverage (7 locations)
Click Here for Photo
Note: We try to photograph everyone, but it is not always possible due to 3 events running simultaneously in a triathlon.
For the best Finish Line photos, make sure to keep your head up, hands up, do not look at your watch, and smile for the camera, when you are crossing the FL!
You will then get a Great Finish Line Photo!
Sunday, October 1, 2023
NOTE: SOME TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE
5:00am Transition Area Opens
7:00am Race Briefing
7:15am Wave 1 Starts (waves will be posted at packet pick up)
7:35am Swim Course Closed
7:55 am 1st Finisher
8:40 am Bike course closed
8:45 am Transition area open for bike pick-up
9:30 am Run course closed
10:00 am Awards ceremony and raffle
Swim – 45 minutes
Bike – 90 minutes from start of race
Run – 2 hours 20 minutes from start of race
Due to COVID-19 we have altered our no refund/no transfer policy to now allow race transfers. Please read the below information for details.
1. If a race is cancelled due to COVID-19 your entry will automatically be deferred to the same race of the following year.
2. If you would like to transfer your entry to a different race, there is a $20 transfer fee and you must transfer your entry at least 30 days prior to the race date.
– If you are transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, you will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
– Transfers must take place no later than 30 days prior to the race date.
– You may transfer into eligible races (races that are not yet sold out) until 30 days prior to the race date. This may be done through your profile on RunSignUp.com.
– If a One-Day USA Triathlon Membership was purchased during your registration, you will need to email EventPower at email@example.com to have your One-Day USA Triathlon Membership License moved from one event to the next. Once moved, then you can continue with the transfer.
3. No refunds will be given.
4. Our pre-COVID-19 policy still stands: The Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
Eventpower maintains a no refund policy. As we face restrictions and limitations of COVID-19 safety requirements, adjustments will potentially be made such as offering race entry deferral or virtual event participation, but no refunds can be offered.
Thank you for your understanding.
|USA Triathlon has issued a set of rules to maintain consistency and order from race to race across the country. The rules include sections on membership, and rules of conduct for swimming, cycling, running, and transition. Also included are special sections on protests, hearings and appeals, and rules modifications for physically challenged athletes. For full detail on USAT Rules click HERE|
- NO HEADPHONES DURING ANY PART OF THE EVENT or you will be disqualified.
- No helmet, no race.
- Helmet strap must be fastened before taking bike from rack and remain fastened until after bike is replaced.
- No Drafting! Leave three bike lengths unless passing. Stay to your extreme right unless passing.
- Run number must be on front of body during entire run!
- Any unsportsmanlike behavior to other competitors and/or event staff will be dealt with by an immediate disqualification.
- RACE IS RAIN OR SHINE
Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winners will receive a discount on their next EventPower race.
1st Place – Complementary race entry for this race next year.
2nd Place – $30
3rd Place – $10
- Top three overall Male & Female
- Top Mixed, Female, Male and High School Relays
- Challenged, top three in the category
Clydesdale and Athena, top three in each category, 39 and under and 40 and older
- High School Division: First and runner up awards for both male and female ages 14-18 and Relay Division (there is only one category of High School relay so a relay team can be made up of any combination of boys/girls/grades; 2 or 3 athletes.
- Individual Age Groups, top three in each category:
14-18 (High School), 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Awards Ceremony will commence shortly after the final finisher crosses the finish line. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Awards will only be shipped post event if a pre paid postage envelope for 2 pounds is sent to the race organization within one week of the event. Please submit your request for award mailing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raffle will take place at the end of the awards ceremony, raffle tickets will be handed out to each athlete. You must be present at the raffle to win.
Please park in the public lot next to the IGA on Montauk Highway or park in town and walk to the race site. All parking rules and regulations are still in place so you must obey all parking signage.
PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK
Same photos, but posted on Facebook so you can download, share, comment, like, and TAG your friends!
Same photos on RSU with an easy-to-use search by name feature. Click Here
Photos by: LIRP Long Island Running Photos
RSU Album: All 6000+ Photos, in 8 albums, are posted on RunSignUp, RSU:
These photos are searchable by Bib#, First name or Last Name
3 Photographers took many great photos, and the search by name will simultaneously search all 8 albums! Try it, it’s easy!
Sample Preview Album: on Facebook
Contains 211 of the Best photos
We took over 6000+ photos so it’s just too many to post all on FB. RSU has them all and free to download.
All Photos are posted here on RSU with search by name feature, since there are way too many photos to post on Facebook.
These photos are searchable by Bib#, First name or last Name, Click Here
3 Photographers took many great photos, and the search by name will simultaneously search all albums! Try it, it’s easy!
2020 Photos on FB: Race was cancelled due to Covid 19, no photos were taken.
2019 LIRP Photos:
LIRP Album Set 1: Pre-Race, Pre-Swim, Swimmers into & bikes out of transition, Post Race (243 photos)
LIRP Album Set 2: Bikes on course at 0.3 mi mark by Fort Pond (535 photos) (Timer of day: 7:52am-8:52am)
LIRP Album Set 3: More Bikes and Runners on course (533 photos) (Time of Day: 8:52-9:19am)
LIRP Album Set 4: More Bikes and Runners on course (534 photos) (Time of Day: 9:19am-10:25am)
LIRP Album Set 5: More Bikes and Runners on course (532 photos) (Time of Day: after 10:25 am)
2018 LIRP Photos:
LIRP Album Set 1: Pre-Race, Swim, Bikes
LIRP Album Set 2: Bikes continue, some Sprint Finish Line
LIRP Album Set 3: 1st Olympic In, Runners on course, Awards
2018 EP Photos:
2018 Island Photography photos: Look up the race at this link. 3 photographers took plenty of photos.
Same Photos On RunSignUp
RunSignUp has the ability to search for your photos by Bib# or Name. Try it, it’s easy.The photos can also be found by going to your results page on RSU, and clicking on the small photo icon under your name. The bib# tagging is done automatically by google software and is not always perfect. It is being worked on by RSU, to make it better. You can also manually add missing bib#’s yourself, so don’t hesitate to help when the software missed it!
More Past Photos at
Island Photos: Official race photographer for 2017 & 2018
2017 EP Photos:
2017 Photo Booth Photos:
2016 EP Photos:
2015 EP Photos:
2014 EP Photos Set1:
2014 EP Photos Set2:
2013 EP Photos Set1:
2013 EP Photos Set2:
2012 EP Photos:
Travel and Hotels
EventPower partners with local hotels to bring you the best rates possible. See below for partnering hotels.
The nearest Long Island Railroad station is Montauk, a little over a mile from the race site. For scheduling and fare information click HERE
Viking Fleet ferry from New London, CT to Montauk; a little over 3 miles from the race site.
If hotels are offering a third night free, we recommend that you accept. You do not need to stay the night, but it delays your checkout time from 11:00 a.m. to whenever you are ready to leave. After the race, you can relax, shower and come to the awards ceremony before checking out.
Sole East Resort
Book Friday and Saturday get third night 50% off.
Montauk Beach House
Room with Double queen beds for a maximum of 4 ppl. at $379 per night (+taxes) instead of $729 + taxes.
The rate includes daily continental breakfast. There is a 2-night minimum stay on weekends (Friday + Saturday). For reservations please call 631-668-2112.
Call for discounted rates: 631-668-2511