MIGHTY DU FALL DUATHLON
1st RUN: 1.8 Miles
BIKE: 10.5 Miles
2nd RUN: 1.8 Miles
The Mighty Du is a great way to finish your season! This race is a multi-sport favorite with a very flat 3-lap bike course and a mix of trail and road on the run.
1st Run: Athletes enjoy a road start and enter the trails of mixed terrain.
Bike: Three lap ride on park roads that will be closed to vehicle traffic for the duration of the event.
2nd Run: Another loop on the, now familiar terrain of the 1st loop. There will be a water stop at the beginning of this loop.
Fees are all-inclusive so no fees will be tacked on upon registration.
Online registration closes at 5pm on Friday, October 14, 2022.
High School Ages: 14-18
The prices shown above are for USAT Members.
Each participant MUST have a valid USAT license.
A one-day license will be required for non-USAT Members ($15 – cash or check only)
Visit the USAT tab below for additional details.
If registration is available at packet pick-up:
1) A $10 surcharge will be added to the registration fee.
2) We will only be able to accept cash for payment.
3) You will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
BABYLON BIKE SHOP, Thursday October 13, 2022
218 East Main Street, Babylon, New York 11702
HECKSCHER STATE PARK, October 16, 2022
- 6:15am – 7:30am Race site (Please arrive no later than 7:00am)
All participants must pick up their own packet. All relay members must pick up their packet together!
Please note, the park charges a parking fee after 8:00am.
Bib# Placement on Body & Bike
Please Keep Your Bib# Clearly Visible!
For the best results with photo tagging and searching, the photographers need to clearly see your bib# when taking photos. This will greatly improve your name & bib# photo search results.
Please have your bib# placed on
1-on the front of your bike helmet
2-on your bike front tube closest to the handle bars, for easy side viewing
3-and on the front of your chest or abdomen, not on your back!
(3 locations total)
Again, make sure your bib# is clearly visible for the camera!
Your matching name and photos will be identified by your bib#!
Sunday, October 16th
NOTE: SOME TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE
6:15 am Adult Check-in OPENS
7:30am Check in closes
7:45am Race Briefing
8:00am Race Starts
8:50 am First adult finisher
9:20am Last adult biker
9:45am Final adult finisher
9:45am Awards ceremony and raffle
Prices above reflect cost for USAT Members. 1-day license fee applies for non-USAT Members. Each participant MUST have a valid USAT license. Visit USAT for licensing fees.
|USA Triathlon has issued a set of rules to maintain consistency and order from race to race across the country. The rules include sections on membership, and rules of conduct for swimming, cycling, running, and transition. Also included are special sections on protests, hearings and appeals, and rules modifications for physically challenged athletes. For full detail on USAT Rules click HERE|
- NO HEADPHONES DURING ANY PART OF THE EVENT or you will be disqualified.
- No helmet, no race.
- Helmet strap must be fastened before taking bike from rack and remain fastened until after bike is replaced.
- No Drafting! Leave three bike lengths unless passing. Stay to your extreme right unless passing.
- Run number must be on front of body during entire run!
- Any unsportsmanlike behavior to other competitors and/or event staff will be dealt with by an immediate disqualification.
- RACE IS RAIN OR SHINE
Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive a discount on their next EventPower race.
1st Place – $50
2nd Place – $30
3rd Place – $10
- Top three overall Male & Female
- Top Mixed, Female, Male and High School Relays
- Challenged, Clydesdale and Athena, top three in each category
- High School Division: First and runner up awards for both male and female ages 14-18 and Relay Division (there is only one category of High School relay so a relay team can be made up of any combination of boys/girls/grades; 2 or 3 athletes.
- Individual Age Groups, top three in each category:
14-18 (High School), 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Awards Ceremony will commence shortly after the final finisher crosses the finish line. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Awards will only be shipped post event if a pre paid postage envelope for 2 pounds is sent to the race organization within one week of the event. Please submit your request for award mailing via email to email@example.com.
Raffle will take place at the end of the awards ceremony, raffle tickets will be handed out to each athlete. You must be present at the raffle to win.
We have altered our no refund/no transfer policy to now allow race transfers. Please read the below information for details.
1. If a race is cancelled due to COVID-19 your entry will automatically be deferred to the same race of the following year.
2. If you would like to transfer your entry to a different race, there is a $20 transfer fee and you must transfer your entry at least 30 days prior to the race date.
– If you are transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, you will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
– Transfers must take place no later than 30 days prior to the race date.
– You may transfer into eligible races (races that are not yet sold out) until 30 days prior to the race date. This may be done through your profile on RunSignUp.com.
– If a One-Day USA Triathlon Membership was purchased during your registration, you will need to email EventPower at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your One-Day USA Triathlon Membership License moved from one event to the next. Once moved, then you can continue with the transfer.
3. No refunds will be given.
4. Our pre-COVID-19 policy still stands: The Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
Eventpower maintains a no refund policy. As we face restrictions and limitations of COVID-19 safety requirements, adjustments will potentially be made such as offering race entry deferral or virtual event participation, but no refunds can be offered.
Thank you for your understanding.
No Dogs Allowed.
PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK & RunSignUp
Photos are posted on Facebook so you can share, comment, like, and TAG your friends!
Same photos are also posted on RSU, which has an easy to use search by name feature
Photos by LIRP Long Island Running Photos
2022 Photos: will be posted after the race and normally by late afternoon
RunSignUp photo albums: 7 albums are posted on RSU with the search by name feature. You can easily download these photos from RSU and post them to Facebook. Just hover over your photo in RSU and then click on the appropriate link. You can download to your own computer or directly to a Facebook post. Two different links. Try it! It’s easy!
2019 Photos on FB
LIRP Photo Album Set 1: Pre-Race, Start Run, & Run at 1 mi mark (259 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 2: Bikes out and on course, & 1st runner out (476 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 3: Finish Line all, & Awards (408 photos)
2018 Photos on FB:
LIRP Photo Album Set 1: Pre-Race, Fun Run, Start Run, & Run at 0.8 mi mark
LIRP Photo Album Set 2: Bikes out and on course, & 1st runner out
LIRP Photo Album Set 3: Finish Line all, & Awards
EP Photo Album:
Same Photos on RunSignUp
RunSignUp has the ability to search for your photos by Bib# or Name. Try it, it’s easy.
The photos can also be found by going to your results page on RSU, and clicking on the small photo icon under your name.
The bib# tagging is done automatically by google software and is not always perfect. It is being worked on by RSU, to make it better.
You can also manually add missing bib#’s yourself, so don’t hesitate to help when the software missed it!