MOTHER’S DAY DUATHLON
1st RUN: 1.8 Miles
BIKE: 10.5 Miles
2nd RUN: 1.8 Miles
The Mighty Mother’s Day Du is not just for Moms! This event has been a mainstay on the multi-sport scene for over 20 years. With a very flat 3-lap bike course and a mix of trail and road on the run, it’s a fun way to start the day!
1st Run: Athletes enjoy a road start and enter the trails of mixed terrain.
Bike: Three lap ride on park roads that will be closed to vehicle traffic for the duration of the event.
2nd Run: Another loop on the, now familiar terrain of the 1st loop. There will be a water stop at the beginning of this loop.
Bikes allowed: Road bike, time trial, mountain bike or hybrid. Sorry, no tandem or recumbent bikes.
Attention Cyclists! Time Trial Event!
Same day. Same location. Before the Du.
DUATHLON REGISTRATION FEES
Fees listed are all-inclusive so no fees will be tacked on upon registration.
The prices shown above are for USAT Members.
Each participant MUST have a valid USAT license.
A one-day license will be required for non-USAT Members ($15 – cash or check only)
Visit the USAT tab below for additional details.
If registration is available at packet pick-up:
1) A $10 surcharge will be added to the registration fee.
2) We will only be able to accept cash for payment.
3) You will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
PACKET PICK-UP SCHEDULE
Please do NOT call Packet Pick-Up locations as they do NOT have information on the event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any event questions you have.
BABYLON BIKE SHOP, Thursday, May 11, 2023
- 5:00pm – 7:00pm
HECKSCHER STATE PARK, May 14, 2023
- 6:15am – 7:30am Race site (Please arrive no later than 7:00am)
All participants must pick up their own packet. All relay members must pick up their packet together, or the final relay member to check in will receive the race items.
Please note, the park charges a parking fee after 8:00am.
USATriathlon is the national governing body of triathlons. All EventPower races are sanctioned by USATriathlon. All participants must have a USATriathlon license in order to participate in this event.
A current annual membership card and photo ID are required at packet pick-up. If you do not have a current membership card you must purchase a one-day membership card at packet pick up for $15 (cash or check only) or you can purchase an annual card at USATriathlon.org or at packet pick up for $50 (cash, check or credit card).
Race Number Bib Placement for Photos
Keep Your Race Number Clearly Visible!
For the best results with photo tagging and searching, the photographers need to clearly see your bib# when taking photos. This will greatly improve your name & bib# photo search results.
Extra body marking will take place right before the race, at the body marking flag!
Please have your bib# placed on
1-on the front of your bike helmet
2-on your bike front tube closest to the handle bars, for easy side viewing
3-and on the front of your chest or abdomen, not on your back!
Again, make sure your bib# is clearly visible for the camera!
Your matching name and photos will be identified by your race number!
Sunday, May 14, 2023
NOTE: SOME TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE
6:00am Check-in OPENS
7:15am Time Trial Race Briefing
7:30am Check-in CLOSES
7:30am Time Trial Starts
8:15am Duathon pre-race briefing
8:30am Duathlon race start
9:45am First adult finisher
9:55am Last adult biker
10:20am Final adult finisher
10:20am Awards ceremony and raffle
Due to COVID-19 we have altered our no refund/no transfer policy to now allow race transfers. Please read the below information for details.
1. If a race is cancelled due to COVID-19 your entry will automatically be deferred to the same race of the following year.
2. If you would like to transfer your entry to a different race, there is a $20 transfer fee and you must transfer your entry at least 30 days prior to the race date.
– If you are transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, you will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
– Transfers must take place no later than 30 days prior to the race date.
– You may transfer into eligible races (races that are not yet sold out) until 30 days prior to the race date. This may be done through your profile on RunSignUp.com.
– If a One-Day USA Triathlon Membership was purchased during your registration, you will need to email EventPower at email@example.com to have your One-Day USA Triathlon Membership License moved from one event to the next. Once moved, then you can continue with the transfer.
3. No refunds will be given.
4. Our pre-COVID-19 policy still stands: The Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
Eventpower maintains a no refund policy. As we face restrictions and limitations of COVID-19 safety requirements, adjustments will potentially be made such as offering race entry deferral or virtual event participation, but no refunds can be offered.
Thank you for your understanding.
|USA Triathlon has issued a set of rules to maintain consistency and order from race to race across the country. The rules include sections on membership, and rules of conduct for swimming, cycling, running, and transition. Also included are special sections on protests, hearings and appeals, and rules modifications for physically challenged athletes. For full detail on USAT Rules click HERE|
- NO HEADPHONES DURING ANY PART OF THE EVENT or you will be disqualified.
- No helmet, no race.
- Helmet strap must be fastened before taking bike from rack and remain fastened until after bike is replaced.
- No Drafting! Leave three bike lengths unless passing. Stay to your extreme right unless passing.
- Run number must be on front of body during entire run!
- Any unsportsmanlike behavior to other competitors and/or event staff will be dealt with by an immediate disqualification.
- RACE IS RAIN OR SHINE
Overall Winner Award
Overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive a discount on their next EventPower race.
1st Place – $50
2nd Place – $30
3rd Place – $10
- Top three overall Male & Female
- Top Mixed, Female, Male and High School Relays
- Challenged, Clydesdale and Athena, top three in each category
- High School Division: First and runner up awards for both male and female ages 14-18 and Relay Division (there is only one category of High School relay so a relay team can be made up of any combination of boys/girls/grades; 2 or 3 athletes.
- Individual Age Groups, top three in each category:
14-18 (High School), 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Awards Ceremony will commence shortly after the final finisher crosses the finish line. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Here on Long Island, over 118,000 children receive free or reduced-cost school lunches. For many, school meals are their primary sources of nourishment, and when school lets out for summer vacation, they lose this essential source of nourishment.The Summer Food Service Program provides free, nutritious meals and snacks to help children in low-income areas get the nutrition they need to learn, play, and grow, during the summer months when they are out of school. Island Harvest facilitates this program in Long Island which serves over 40,000 lunches and snacks to Long Island’s children throughout the summer. Visit Island Harvest.org for more details.
Heckscher State Park implements a parking fee at 8:00 AM. You must enter park before 8:00 AM or you will have to pay the park fee. All athletes should park in Field 2
No Dogs Allowed.
FREE Photos on Facebook and RunSignUp
Photos are posted on Facebook so you can download, share, comment, like, and TAG your friends!
The same photos are also posted RSU, which has an easy to use search by name feature
2022 Photos on FB:
LIRP Photo Album Set 1: Pre Race, Time Trial, Awards (366 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 2: Start & Runners at 0.8 mi mark (349 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 3: Bikes on Course (692 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 4: Finish Line (614 photos)
2021 Photos on FB:
LIRP Photo Album Set 1: Pre Race, Time Trial, Awards (366 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 2: Start & Runners at 1.7mi mark (448 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 3: Bikes on Course (419 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 4: Finish Line (575 photos)
2020 Photos on FB: Race was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic
2019 Photos on FB:
LIRP Photo Album Set 1: Pre Race, Adult Start, & runners at 0.8 mi mark (245 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 2: Bikes on course (346 photos)
LIRP Photo Album Set 3: Finish Line, Post-race & Awards (319 photos)
2016 Photos on FB
EP Photo Album
2015 Photos on FB
2014 Photos on FB
EP Photo Album
2013 Photos on FB
EP Photo Album
Same Photos on RunSignUp
RunSignUp has the ability to search for your photos by Bib# or Name. Try it, it’s easy.
The photos can also be found by going to your results page on RSU, and clicking on the small photo icon under your name. The bib# tagging is done automatically by google software and is not always perfect. It is being worked on by RSU, to make it better.
You can also manually add missing bib#’s yourself, so don’t hesitate to help when the software missed it!