BEACON OF HOPE 5K RUN/WALK
DATE: June 18, 2022
PLACE: Montauk Lighthouse, Montauk, NY
5K (3.1 Mile) Run/Walk
2/1/22 – 6/17/22: $30
Race Day: $35
A 5K run/walk through Camp Hero finishing at the historical Montauk Lighthouse. Run/Walk with us to increase awareness, raise funds and bring hope to our community members.
You can register for the race as an individual or part of a team and create your fundraising page to share with family and friends.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to:
Lucia’s Angels – Lucia’s Angels is a foundation committed to helping women and families on Eastern Long Island with late-stage women’s cancers including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and uterine cancer.
Coalition for Women’s Cancer – Recognizing the need for a community network in support of women’s cancers, The Coalition for Women’s Cancers was formed. The local, volunteer-driven group is comprised of professionals and concerned friends with varied backgrounds and talents. This group has come together to create and sustain a supportive network for women affected by breast, ovarian and uterine cancers. The organization focuses on early detection and empowerment to bring about better health care and an improved quality of life.
RACE Site, Race Morning, June 18th, 2022.
7:00am – 8:30am
All participants must pick up their bib prior to the race starting.
Parking will be available at the Montauk Lighthouse. You must be at the parking lot by 8:00am or you will need to pay the NY State Park Parking Fee.
Saturday, June 18, 2022
7:00am Check-in OPENS
8:30am Check in closes
8:45am Race Briefing
9:00am Race Starts
10:15am Final adult finisher
10:15am Awards ceremony and raffle
Awards given to:
- Top three overall Male & Female
- 1st Place Breast/Gynecological Cancer Survivor
- Individual Age Groups, top three in each category:
14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Awards Ceremony will commence shortly after the final finisher crosses the finish line. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Awards will only be shipped post event if a pre paid postage envelope for 2 pounds is sent to the race organization within one week of the event. Please submit your request for award mailing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raffle will take place at the end of the awards ceremony, raffle tickets will be handed out to each athlete. You must be present at the raffle to win.
Bib # Placement on Body
Please Keep Your Bib# Clearly Visible
For the best results with photo tagging and searching, the photographers need to clearly see your bib# when taking photos. This will greatly improve your name & bib# photo search results.
So please have your bib# placed on the “front of your chest or abdomen”, not on your back!
Again, make sure your bib# is clearly visible for the camera!
Your matching name and photos will be identified by your bib#!
We have altered our no refund/no transfer policy to now allow race transfers. Please read the below information for details.
1. If a race is cancelled due to COVID-19 your entry will automatically be deferred to the same race of the following year.
2. If you would like to transfer your entry to a different race, there is a $20 transfer fee and you must transfer your entry at least 30 days prior to the race date.
– If you are transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, you will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
– Transfers must take place no later than 30 days prior to the race date.
– You may transfer into eligible races (races that are not yet sold out) until 30 days prior to the race date. This may be done through your profile on RunSignUp.com.
– If a One-Day USA Triathlon Membership was purchased during your registration, you will need to email EventPower at email@example.com to have your One-Day USA Triathlon Membership License moved from one event to the next. Once moved, then you can continue with the transfer.
3. No refunds will be given.
4. Our pre-COVID-19 policy still stands: The Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
Eventpower maintains a no refund policy. As we face restrictions and limitations of COVID-19 safety requirements, adjustments will potentially be made such as offering race entry deferral or virtual event participation, but no refunds can be offered.
Thank you for your understanding.
Photos on Facebook and RunSignUp
Photos are posted on Facebook so you can download, share, comment, like, and TAG your friends!
Same photos are also posted on RSU, which has an easy to use search by name or bib# feature
Photo links will be posted here after the race, and photos are easily searchable by you name or bib# if your bib# clearly shows in the photo.
Results will be posted on race day.