COVID-19 Safety Plan
At EventPower, we have been working to develop a plan that will allow athletes, volunteers and everyone to feel safe when we are able to resume events. Following best practices as well as state and local guidelines we will be prepared to offer race opportunities that are in line with all safety consideration and requirements.
Below is our refund/transfer policy and guidelines we will follow.
1. If a race is cancelled due to COVID-19 your entry will automatically be deferred to the same race of the following year.
2. If you would like to transfer your entry to a different race, there is a $20 transfer fee and you must transfer your entry at least 30 days prior to the race date.
– If you are transferring from a higher priced race to a lower priced race, you will not be refunded the difference.
– If you are transferring from a lower priced race to a higher priced race, you will be required to pay the difference in addition to the transfer fee.
– Transfers must take place no later than 30 days prior to the race date.
– You may transfer into eligible races (races that are not yet sold out) until 30 days prior to the race date. This may be done through your profile on RunSignUp.com.
– If a One-Day USA Triathlon Membership was purchased during your registration, you will need to email EventPower at email@example.com to have your One-Day USA Triathlon Membership License moved from one event to the next. Once moved, then you can continue with the transfer.
3. No refunds will be given.
4. Our pre-COVID-19 policy still stands: The Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay, modify, or cancel the Event for any reason, including if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed, modified, or cancelled, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
EVENT DAY GUIDELINES
- More bike racks with less people per rack will be set up in transition areas. Rather than 16 people per rack we would have 6 people per rack.
- Swim starts will change from mass start (typically 150 people) to a time trial start (1 person at a time) or mini group start (12 to 50 people) – pending state guidelines at the time of a given race.
- All participants would receive a mask and need to wear it from the time they enter the race site to when they enter the water. Trash bins will be in place at the swim start for discarding masks as athletes enter the water.
- Water bottles will be available at the water stop and finish line as opposed to cups. Racers will take their own bottle off the table rather than a volunteer handing off to each person.
- Participants would retrieve their own finisher medal after the race rather than volunteers presenting medals to finishers.
- After participants cross the finish line there will be a table with masks. Race finishers will be required to mask up before they leave the finish chute.
- The awards ceremony will be abandoned. Awards will instead be mailed.
- We would discourage more than one spectator per athlete to attend any event and ask participants to not linger after the race.
- Following state guidelines, post-race food will change to pre-wrapped, individual snacks.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the event site.
- All volunteers and staff will be required to wear a mask throughout the event.
Eventpower maintains a no refund policy. As we face restrictions and limitations of COVID-19 safety requirements, adjustments will potentially be made such as offering race entry deferral or virtual event participation, but no refunds can be offered.
Thank you for your understanding.