Course Description And Maps
- The Carl Hart Duathlon is a great way to finish your season! This event has been a mainstay on the multi-sport scene for over 20 years with a very flat 3 lap bike course and some grass and dirt on the run. Bikes allowed: road bike, time trial, mountain bike or hybrid. (Sorry, no tandem or recumbent bikes!)
RUN .5 Miles Road and trail run in the park BIKE 3.5 Miles Three lap ride on park road that will be closed to vehicle traffic for the duration of the event. RUN .5 Miles Road and trail run in the park (same as the first run). There will be a water stop at the beginning of this loop. View Race Maps
|Until 12/31||1/1 – 1/31||2/1 – Full|
If registration is available at packet pick-up a $10 surcharge will be added to any registration fees. CASH ONLY! You are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
*Prices above reflect cost for USAT Members. 1-day license fee applies for non-USAT Members. Each participant MUST have a valid USAT license. Visit the USAT tab below for details.
Please do NOT call Packet Pick-Up locations as they do NOT have information on the event. Use the Contact Us button on the home page for any event questions you have.
HECKSCHER PARK, October 21
6:15am – 7:45am (Race site) (Please arrive no later than 7:15am)
NOTE: SOME TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE
6:15 am Adult/Youth check-in OPENS
7:45 am Youth check-in CLOSES
8:00 am Youth Pre-race briefing
8:10 am Youth Duathlon & fun run race start
8:50 am Adult Pre-race briefing
9:00 am Adult race start
9:45 am First adult finisher
10:25 am Last adult biker
10:50 am Final adult finisher
10:50 am Awards ceremony and raffle
USATriathlon is the national governing body of triathlons. All EventPower races are sanctioned by USATriathlon. All participants must have a USATriathlon license in order to participate in this event.
A current annual membership card and photo ID are required at packet pick-up. If you do not have a current membership card you must purchase a membership card at packet pick up for $10 (cash or check only).
*Prices above reflect cost for USAT Members. 1-day license fee applies for non-USAT Members. Each participant MUST have a valid USAT license. Visit USAT for licensing fees.
Registrations may not be transferred to another person.
Registrations may not be transferred to another race.
Heckscher State Park implements a parking fee at 8:00 AM. You must enter park before 8:00 AM or you will have to pay the park fee. All athletes should park in Field 2
No Dogs Allowed.
View Carl Hart Duathlon in a larger map
To rent a bike, call Carl Hart Bicycles at 631-924-5850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; ask for Darren
|USA Triathlon has issued a set of rules to maintain consistency and order from race to race across the country. The rules include sections on membership, and rules of conduct for swimming, cycling, running, and transition. Also included are special sections on protests, hearings and appeals, and rules modifications for physically challenged athletes. For full detail on USAT Rules click HERE|
- NO HEADPHONES DURING ANY PART OF THE EVENT or you will be disqualified.
- No helmet, no race.
- Helmet strap must be fastened before taking bike from rack and remain fastened until after bike is replaced.
- No Drafting! Leave three bike lengths unless passing. Stay to your extreme right unless passing.
- Run number must be on front of body during entire run!
- Any unsportsmanlike behavior to other competitors and/or event staff will be dealt with by an immediate disqualification.
- RACE IS RAIN OR SHINE
- Top three overall Male & Female
- Top Mixed, Female, Male and High School Relays
- Challenged, Clydesdale and Athena, top three in each category
- High School Division: First and runner up awards for both male and female ages 14-18 and Relay Division (there is only one category of High School relay so a relay team can be made up of any combination of boys/girls/grades; 2 or 3 athletes.
- Individual Age Groups, top three in each category:
14-18 (High School), 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Awards Ceremony will commence shortly after the final finisher crosses the finish line. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.